Journey Zoomer Lite Portable Ultralight Power Wheelchair
Senior Help Center
We are here to help! Whether you have a product question, order related question, return request or just need a friendly person to assist you, we are here to help! Our Customer Care Specialists are exceptionally trained to provide you with the assistance you need. Chat with us today or fill out this form and a Specialist will be with you as quickly as possible!
The best-selling and ultra-lightweight Zoomer Chair from Journey Health & Lifestyle is now even lighter! The all-new Zoomer Chair Lite Features a quick-release frame design allowing for quick and easy disassembly into two lightweight parts. By separating into two sections, the seat frame, and rear-wheel section, the Zoomer Lite is even easier to travel with. When disassembled the heaviest portion of the Zoomer Chair Lite weighs under twenty-two pounds.
The Zoomer Chair Lite features the same great performance as the Zoomer Chair. Able to turn on a dime with just a 35.5-inch turning radius, almost half that of other power wheelchairs, the Zoomer Chair Lite works great indoors and outdoors. The five speed settings of the Zoomer Lite range from 0 to 3.7 miles per hour. The easy-to-operate joystick control puts all this performance and functionality at your fingertips.
Lite Features & Highlights:
Quick Release - With the quick-release frame design, the Zoomer Lite can be easily dissembled into two separate parts (seat frame and rear wheel section).
Ultra Lightweight - With the help of the quick-release, you will lift less total weight when traveling with the Zoomer Lite versus the 45.8 lbs. that the Zoomer Chair weighs.
Long Lasting Battery - The Zoomer Lite can go up to 8 miles on one charge ... so you can really go places
Simple Joystick Steering - Really! Just move the joystick in the direction you want to go. The joystick moves you forwards, backwards, and to either side. You have full 360-degree control at your fingertips. Speed is controlled both by the speed range you select and by how far you push the joystick.
Fits Under Tables & Desks - Your Zoomer rolls right up to -and under-- a standard table or desk. No adjustments to the Zoomer, no changing seats, no 'parking' a scooter somewhere, and no fuss. When it's time to back out, just pull back on the joystick and your Zoomer backs out easily and conveniently. Simple!
Now it's even LIGHTER!! The Journey Zoomer Lite is just like our Zoomer™ Chair, but is much lighter and the parts are removable for easy transporting. It is a power chair that puts mobility at your fingertips with it's easy one-handed control. And, just like the Zoomer Chair, the Zoomer Lite works indoors and out to help you go almost anywhere your heart desires.
- The Zoomer is not a traditional scooter or power chair, it is a personal electric vehicle. We call it the future of battery-powered transportation
- 35.5" turning radius – turns on a dime – 50% smaller than other mobility chairs
- 5 Speed Settings – speed ranges from 0-3.7 mph
- To make travel and transport super easy, Zoomer Lite breaks down into two lightweight parts (heaviest part is less than 22 lbs). Compare that to competitive products that weigh more than 100 lbs.
ADA FRIENDLY – COMFORT – EASE OF USE
- 25" wide – fits through all standard ADA door frames of 32"
- Can drive up all ADA compliant ramps of 5° and up to 10° if needed
- Padded armrests and the joystick fit below ADA compliant tables and desks
- Foam set seat cushion; can buy additional cushion for more comfort
- Easy folding with a single pull release cable; once folded, it fits into the backseat or trunk of a car and can be wheeled like a piece of luggage
- Comes assembled, never has to be disassembled
- Joystick can be mounted on the left- or right-hand armrest
- Swing-away footplate so you can exit safely and easily
- Can be manually pushed when chair is not in use and unlocked
- Solid tires mean you never have to fill them back up
- Zoomer size: 33.5" long x 25.5" wide x 36" high (Folded size: 12.5"x25.5"x44").
- Seat size: 16.5" wide x 13" deep, distance between arms – 19.5"
- FAA Approved – can be used in airports until you board the plane. Battery is carried on, while the Zoomer is treated like oversized luggage at the gate as you board
- Moving up to 3.7 mph means you can keep up with friends, loved ones, and pets as you use your Zoomer
- Low center of gravity makes it virtually tip free
- Additional anti-tip wheels in the rear
- Electromagnetic brake system – automatically stops when you let go of the joystick
- Rechargeable 24V, 8.76Ah lithium-ion, suitable for 110/220V outlets
- 8 miles of use on a single charge (contingent on weight capacity), charges in 4.5 hours or less
- Battery is charged while inside the chair on a port below the joystick control panel
Height with arm rails: 25.5"
- Folding size: Height: 12.5", Length: 44", Width: 25.5"
Seat bottom: Height(from floor): 20.5", Depth: 13", Width: 16.5"
Overall Weight: 51 lbs
Weight of Chair: 47 lbs
Weight of Battery: 4 lbs
Weight Capacity: 253 lbs maximum capacity
Max. Climbing Angle: 12° (ADA compliant wheelchair ramps are 5° max)
Rotation radius: 35.5" (902 mm)
Frame: 6061 aluminum, silver anodized and nylon composite
Motor: brushless DC 24V, 200Wx2
Battery: 24V, 8.76Ah, 240 watt-hours, lithium-Ion 4 lb highest quality cells
Charging time: 4.5 hours or less
Steering/Braking System: joystick
Arm Rests: Attached in-factory. non-removable
Front Wheels: 7" solid
Rear Wheels: 10" solid
Anti-Tip Wheels: 2" solid
Q: Can I take my Zoomer on an airplane?
A: The short and easy answer is yes.
There are a few things you need to know before taking your Zoomer on a plane. Providing you plan ahead and follow the basic instructions, airline travel is easy with the Zoomer. It will check as free baggage with most airlines but you are required to carry the battery on with you, which is the component that most of the rules apply to.
- Be sure to contact your specific airline to ask for their procedures for transporting a battery powered mobility device.
- The battery must be removed from the Zoomer prior to the Zoomer being transported on the airplane. The battery must be carried by the passenger as a carry on item.
- You must notify the airlines in advance that you will be bringing a Lithium-ion battery for your Zoomer. They are then required to notify your pilot of the location of the battery in the aircraft. Thus you should notify your flight attendant of its location before takeoff.
- You may be required to tape over the power terminal openings in the battery compartment of the Zoomer prior to transportation. Individual airline procedures may vary.
Q: Where can I use my Zoomer?
A: The Zoomer can be used just about anywhere indoors or outdoors. It can handle several different terrains such as grass, carpet, dirt, and more.
Q: Will it fit through my doorways?
A: In almost any case, yes. Check to be certain that the openings in your doorways are at least 27″ wide. Less than that will require you to get off and fold the Zoomer to pass through the doorway. Businesses (the mall, restaurants, etc.) are required to be ADA compliant. ADA compliant doorways are a minimum of 32″ wide, which is no problem for Zoomer.
Q: What is the Zoomer's weight limit?
A: The Zoomer Chair is capable of carrying a person weighing up to 275 lbs.
Q: Is a Zoomer right for me if I am handicap or disabled?
A: While many people use the Zoomer for many different reasons, the Zoomer Chair is a personal electric vehicle. If you are fully restricted to a sitting position, the Zoomer may not be for you. You must be able to get in and out of the chair.
Have You Browsed Our Open Box Deals?
Golden Technologies Buzzaround Shroud Kit Colors - Open Box
Karman Healthcare S-ERGO 305 Ultralight Wheelchair with Quick Release Wheels - Open Box
MJM International PVC Echo Reclining Rolling Shower Chair with Commode Opening - Open Box
Shoprider Echo Lightweight 3 Wheel Scooters - Open Box
Mayne Woodhaven Address Sign Post - New England Styled - Open Box
SmartCaregiver Floor Mat Exit Alarm for Elderly Fall Prevention & Anti-Wandering - Economy System - Open Box
Invacare Tracer IV Wheelchair with Heavy Duty Wheels, 24" x 18" Seat, Desk-Length Arms - Open Box
Evolution Series 4 Wheeled Rolling Walker Rollator with Large Front Basket - Open Box
Mayne Modern Cambridge Tall Planters - 16" x 28" - Heavy Duty Construction - Open Box
Mayne Cape Cod Window Box Planters - 4 Foot - Open Box
Frame-It-All Stack & Extend Animal Barrier - 4ft x 4ft - Open Box
Mayne Fairfield 28 Inch Tall Planter - New England Design - Open Box