Choosing the Perfect Fit: Selecting the Right Golden Tech Scooter for Your Lifestyle
As you explore mobility scooters, you'll quickly notice that others seek out Golden Technologies for its features, sturdiness, commitment to quality and made-in-the-USA construction. Originating back in the 1980s with power lift chairs, Golden Tech now develops and manufactures multiple mobility aids, including scooters for travel and everyday use and heavy-duty models for bariatric patients.
About Golden Technologies
Still a family-owned company, Golden Tech emerged from the spirit of entrepreneurship: In 1985, Robert Golden, Sr., and Fred Kiwak started designing lift chairs in their Pennsylvania garage, and sought out quality craftsmen to not only bring their ideas to life but to create a longer-lasting product. Today, the company stands by its motto of "build it right the first time" and emphasizes comfort and convenience across all products - from lift chairs to mobility scooters.
Selecting the Right Golden Tech Scooter
Golden Tech scooters fall into three distinct groups:
Golden Tech combines lightweight, compact construction to get you where you need to go and comply with airline regulations:
- Buzzaround CarryOn: This ultra-portable mobility scooter supports up to 300 lbs., includes a lithium-ion battery pack and folds flat, thanks to an adjustable tiller.
- Buzzaround LX: This three- or four-wheel mobility scooter presents a versatile design, doubling as a durable everyday full-time model that's also portable for travel. Suiting these needs, the scooter supports up to 375 lbs. and has an adjustable tiller, cushioned high-back seat and USB charging port.
- Buzzaround EX: Also available in three- and four-wheel versions, the EX accommodates your journey with more foot room, a larger turning radius, a wireless battery and a wraparound Delta Tiller. This scooter supports up to 350 lbs.
- LiteRider™: This scooter gets up to a 12.5-mile range on a single charge while featuring a modular, fully wireless tubular frame that can be disassembled and low-profile tires with durable steel rims. LiteRider™ scooters feature three or four wheels and include a 360-degree swivel mechanism.
Heavy-duty scooters are built to support patients weighing over 300 lbs. and are equipped with sturdier frames and more comfort features. Golden Tech scooters crafted with these attributes include:
- Avenger: This four-wheel scooter is built to handle more rugged outdoor terrain, provides a range of 18 miles on a single charge and supports up to 500 lbs.
- Eagle: The Eagle™ also accommodates outdoor use, constructed for a smooth off-road ride with improved maneuverability and a high-back captain's seat. In line with this use, the Eagle™ supports up to 500 lbs., includes 13-inch pneumatic tires and can get up to a 32-mile range.
Everyday, Full-Time Scooters
The Companion serves as Golden Tech's everyday, full-time scooter. Models include two basic types:
- Mid-Size: The mid-size Companion mobility scooter travels where you want to go away from home, including the mall and park, while providing reliable performance with a 4.5 MPH maximum speed and 19-mile range. This mobility scooter supports up to 350 lbs. and can also be disassembled.
- Full-Size: The full-size Companion scooter adds more leg and foot room, plus a wider front deck and weight capacity of 400 lbs. The battery pack upgrade extends its range to 24 miles.
Explore all Golden Tech scooters at Senior.com to preserve mobility and maintain your independent lifestyle. Start by browsing online, or contact our customer specialists to discuss potential solutions.